It’s nearly a year since the last update and there have been many changes over the past year with regards to the earn rates:
1. ANZ Travel Visa Signature – Increased the minimum spend for free airport limousine to $2500
2. Citibank Premiermiles AMEX – reduced the local earn rate from 1.4miles/$1 to 1.3miles/$1. Also reduced the bonus earn rate of 2.5miles/$1 for Singapore Airlines/Silkair tickets to 2miles/$1.
3. Citibank Prestige – local earn rate reduced from 1.4 miles/$1 to 1.3 miles/$1
4. DBS Altitude Visa Signature & AMEX – get 3 miles/$1 for flight and hotel bookings (note the cap of $10000 per mth)
5. OCBC Voyage – new travel card from OCBC that has a good earn rate for overseas spending and for dining. Voyage miles earned can be redeemed for same day flights and can earn frequent flier miles too! However, the annual fee is $488.
6. UOB PRVI Miles AMEX & Platinum – local earn rates reduced from 1.6 miles/$1 to 1.4 miles/$1 and overseas earn rate from 2.5 miles/$1 to 2.4 miles/$1. Also need to spend $1000 on overseas spending to get a limousine rebate of $45.
Cheaponana’s Top 3 miles cards
Do note that this list is very different from the last version!
DBS is the only bank that has added benefits to the travel cards. With an earn rate of 3 miles per $1 when you spend on online flight and hotel transactions (with a cap of $10k per month), you will accrue your miles at a much faster rate! What’s more, you get 10k bonus miles when you pay the renewal fee every year, which makes it much faster to accrue your miles!
2. OCBC Voyage
There is a separate review on this new OCBC card here. With the earn rate of 2.3 miles/$1 for dining and overseas spend, you can accrue Voyage miles very quickly if you dine out frequently. The Voyage miles redemption programme looks promising with its promise of same day redemption without waitlisting and earn frequent flier miles (although class of ticket is not made known).
Comparing the 2 (Premiermiles AMEX vs Visa Signature), the former would be better as the earn rate locally is higher. In addition, the renewal bonus is better (mile per $). Also, bring the priority pass with you when you go travelling and they will be a lifesaver should there be any flight delays!
Do post in the comment box below regarding your favourite miles card!