From 1 to 28 June 2015, charge a minimum of S$500 overseas in foreign currency to your Maybank credit card and receive S$75 cash rebate! Do note the catch – only valid for the first 550 redemptions only, and you only SMS AFTER you have made the overseas transaction, so there’s a chance that you might be outside that 550. Otherwise it’s a 13% rebate which is fantastic for those who are currently overseas now!
|Step 1:||Charge a minimum of S$500 on your Maybank credit card for your overseas retail purchases.|
|Step 2:||Send an SMS in the following format to 79898, between 1 and 28 June 2015.
<MBOSR> <Name of Principal Cardmember> <NRIC> <Quantity>
E.g. MBOSR Jasmine Tan S1234567A 1
Limited to 550 redemptions only.
Terms and conditions for Maybank Overseas Spend Rebate (“Promotion”)
- Overseas retail transactions in foreign currencies equivalent to a minimum of S$500 (“Overseas Retail Transactions”) must be charged to a Singapore-issued personal Maybank Credit Card (“Card”) from 1 to 28 June 2015 (“Promotion Period”) in order to redeem a cash rebate of S$75 (“Cash Rebate”).
- For the avoidance of doubt, overseas retail transactions made in Singapore currency will not be accepted as the required card spend.
- Overseas Retail Transactions charged by the Maybank Principal Credit Cardmember (“Principal Cardmember”) and his/her Supplementary Cardmember (if any) may be combined and used only once to redeem the Cash Rebate. A maximum of 3 Overseas Retail Transactions may be combined to redeem 1 Cash Rebate unless otherwise notified by Maybank.
- To receive the Cash Rebate, the Principal Cardmember must send an eligible SMS to Maybank whereby the Principal Cardmember has charged the required amount to his/her Card within the Promotion Period. If Maybank receives the eligible SMS in the correct format, the Principal Cardmember will receive an auto reply SMS from Maybank.
- Maybank will not consider any SMS sent in the wrong format or any SMS sent prior to the Overseas Retail Transaction(s) being charged to the Principal Cardmember’s Card. Proof of sending an SMS does not constitute proof of Maybank’s receipt of the SMS.
- Cash Rebate is limited to the first 550 eligible redemptions only.
- The Cash Rebate will be credited to the Principal Cardmember’s card account 30 days after the Overseas Retail Transaction(s) is made or on another date as Maybank may determine.
- Overseas Retail Transaction(s) charged to the Card will not be taken into account as the required card spend where the redemptions and/or rebates offered by Maybank in respect of other promotions on the Card is 5% or more and/or TREATS Points offered is 10 times the amount charged.
- Overseas Retail Transaction(s) charged to the Card which is used for other Maybank Charge and Redeem promotions, 0% Instalment Payment Plan transactions and FlexiPay, Fund Transfer transactions will not be taken into account as the required card spend.
- Each Principal Cardmember is eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) Cash Rebates only, regardless of the number of credit cards held by the Principal Cardmember or the number of Cardmembers per account. Supplementary Cardmembers are not eligible to redeem the Cash Rebate. All Cash Rebates will be credited to the Principal Cardmember’s card account only.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Maybank unless otherwise stated by Maybank.
- Maybank reserves the right to exchange or substitute the Cash Rebate at its sole discretion without prior notice or liability to any person.
- Maybank reserves the right to reverse the Cash Rebate redeemed should there be no Overseas Retail Transaction(s) or should the Overseas Retail Transaction(s) used for redemption be cancelled for any reason or should there be a repeated redemption using the same Overseas Retail Transaction(s) for this Promotion or other Maybank promotions.
- Maybank may vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions, or withdraw, suspend or discontinue this Promotion at any time. Maybank has the sole discretion to exclude any person from participating in this Promotion and Maybank’s decision on all matters with regard to this Promotion shall be final, conclusive and binding on the Principal Cardmember.
- Maybank shall not be liable for any loss, injury, liability, expense or damage howsoever incurred or sustained by the Principal Cardmember and/or any other person by reason of, arising from or in connection with this Promotion or for any other reason. Terms and Conditions governing Maybank (Personal) Credit Card Agreement shall also apply.